Friday, July 3, 2015

Welcome to The Block Fort! And a little about me.

Today is a great day. Today I start The Block Fort.

First, a little about me. I've been playing Nintendo since I was young enough to accidentally erase my older brothers save file in Dragon Warrior for the NES. He was understandably upset, but what a way to mark my introduction into the world of video games. I've always loved the way a video game was more like reading a book than watching a movie. Movies show you exactly what the director wants you to see. Books however leave a lot up to the imagination. how your character looks, reacts, how the world feels, is all up in your brain. Video games offer the same kind of freedom, while maintaining the directors vision. The freedom to explore, to be whoever you imagine yourself to be, this is what drew me to video games. And it was Nintendo who created the worlds I wanted to explore. Donkey Kong Country, Hyrule, Yoshi's Island, Tallon IV, Unova, Dream World, Corneria, The Mushroom Kingdom, I could go on and on.



This website has been a work in progress, in my brain at least, for some time now. I would follow other gaming sites like Gonintendo, IGN, and The Tanooki, and as much as I love the unique content each of them bring, I always thought that there was something missing. I honestly don't know what that is, but I hope to discover it writing my own opinions, articles, and blog posts. hopefully you'll join me on this journey. I'm a videographer and editor by trade, so look forward to some cool video content as well.

Nintendo has always been about experimentation as much as they are about sticking to their roots. I'm going to try to honor what Nintendo stands for and argue the affirmative, that Nintendo makes the greatest video games on earth.

Here's me with a few Amiibo I picked up.

2 comments:

  1. awesomeness... been playing Earthbound Beginnings from the virtual console...making lots of hand drawn maps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I downloaded it as son as it was announced, but I'm yet to fire it up. Been playing too much Splatoon I guess. I'm excited to give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete